Business Continuity Management
Business Continuity Management (BCM), is not a siloed business practice which is done on the side, BCM is a critical requirement of an effectively run business. If one intends driving a sustainable business into a dramatically changing future Business Continuity Management is a mu
We are more mindful of the management over:
- Driving governance
- Meeting ever increasing compliance demands
However, there is still a need for more effective, agile and improved ways to manage today’s risks.
Correct management will advance the way we run our businesses, no matter the business size, market or geographic location.
As a business owner or senior executive of any organisation, these are some critical questions you should be considering:
- How vulnerable is my operation to business interruption?
- How well can I deal with business interruption?
- Do I have a clear and comprehensive view of the types of threats that would be critical or impactful to our business?
- Do I have a full, honest view of how effective and efficient my business actually is?
- Am I confident in all aspects of my business continuity capability in the event of a crisis?
- Have I really explored, in detail, what a crisis might mean to me?
- Do I feel that I have an effective, continuous improvement process in place to define all possible threat scenarios as they might be emerging in my internal operations, my markets and my changing geo or political climates?
- Am I confident in my capability to deal with uncertainty and quickly respond to the unexpected?
If you could not answer with a firm “Yes” to the questions above, you urgently need to consider a structured Business Continuity Management strategy as an embedded part of your overall business strategy.
The RUBiQ BCM Solution is built on full adherence and alignment to the International Standard for Business Continuity Management, ISO 22301:2012, with integrated alignment to international standards such as ISO 31000, ISO 9001, and ISO 27001.
The integrated RUBiQ solution ensures the maximum benefit for the end client as it provides a practical, step by step, structured approach to the implementation of Enterprise Business Continuity Management, aligned to your specific business.
By using the RUBiQ Platform you are able to ensure that:
- All potential exposures are identified, documented and well understood by key role players.
- Risks that could seriously impede or prevent the achievement of key business objectives and performance targets, are identified and effectively controlled.
- Crisis management plans are clearly defined, alive and dynamic so as to support a 24/7/365 state of business continuity readiness.
- Review and renewal procedures, for plans and operational controls, are incorporated and automated, so as to ensure controls stay authorised, relevant and current.
- The delegation of governance procedures is documented.
- Stakeholder and intra-company governance communication is enabled.
- Live exercising of business resumption plans is enabled, with full audit trail on issues raised.
There are many components to crisis management.
Monitored efficiency, in every function within the company, is an effective measure to minimise the opportunity of a crisis arising.
If a large crisis occurs many different actions need to take place simultaneously across your company or group. These actions would include the engagement of external service providers and third parties, in order to achieve rapid recovery and restore business as usual.
This is almost impossible without co-operative action, both internally and externally, particularly with the demand for rapid communication capabilities during a crisis. To be fully effective is really only possible with software that drives the right notifications, escalations, compliances and instructions in the correct sequence, and performs multiple tasks simultaneously, keeping multiple parties informed in real time.
The Key is SPEED
The correct information must be delivered to the appropriate people at the right time. We all think a crisis of grand proportions is unlikely – yet we have seen numerous national and multi-national organisations undergo crises for which they were unprepared. Some are no longer in business!
RUBiQ allows you to test your capacity to deal with any nature of the crisis, whether the crisis is large or more subtle, but with far-reaching ramifications.
Our BCM system is fully aligned to the ISO 22301 BCM standard, allowing your organisation to easily implement the requirements of the standard and effectively prepare for certification against the standard.
RUBiQ BCM can be tailored to your company on implementation, however, assistance with this is available.
This service can include any of the following:
- Tailoring components for a specific company or industry requirements.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are relevant and adequate to meet the necessary operational control requirements.
- Training, workshops, and presentations on any step of your BCM strategy and implementation.
- Maturity analyses.
- BCM Gap Audit Assessments.